- Author: Colin Kerr
- Posted: September 7, 2023
Revolving Doors – September 2023
In CFO land it has been quiet over the past 31 days – Many companies were in the middle of finalising their year-end reporting and getting out the glossy Annual Reports. As usual this results in a drop in activity – No CFO has time to change jobs during this period, however activity for this month was still higher than the same period last year.
The CFO moves I found of interest this month are the following:
ASX CFO Moves In
- TPG Telecom have announced their current CFO Grant Dempsey has decided to retire. He will be replaced by John Boniciolli. John was previously CFO at Vodafone NZ, he is currently the CFO at Domain Group.
- Nine Entertainment have promoted Matt Stanton into the role of Chief Financial and Strategy Officer following the resignation of CFO, Maria Phillips.
- Following a period as interim CFO, Brett Gregory has been announced as the permanent CFO at Saunders International. Prior to Saunders, Brett spent 18 years at Lendlease in various finance roles.
- Renewable energy generator Genex Power have announced Patrick McCarthy as their new CFO. Previous CFO Craig Francis has been promoted into the CEO role.
- Following the resignation of Elizabeth Harvey from Cleanspace Holdings (manufacturer of respiratory products), Bree Greeff has been promoted internally into the interim CFO role.
- Listed investment company, Carlton Investments have appointed Andrew Carter as their new CFO following Peter Horton’s decision to retire.
ASX CFO Moves – Out
- Following the TPG Telecom announcement that John Boniciolli has joined as their new CFO, Domain Group are subsequently on the look out for a new CFO.
CFO to CEO
There has been a number of moves continuing the trend of CFOs moving into the CEO role.
- Jonny Harrison has moved from CFO land to become the CEO of Australian energy drinks brand Shine Drink.
- John Bryce, currently CFO at Premier Investments, will take the interim CEO role following Richard Murray’s resignation.
- Youth organisation PCYC have promoted CFO Craig Becroft into the interim CEO role following Dominic Teakle’s move to St John’s Ambulance.
- Listed Fintech WISR have moved their CFO, Andrew Goodwin into the role of CEO following the termination of CEO Anthony Nantes.
- Michelle Jablko, currently CFO at Transurban, will replace Scott Charlton as CEO following their AGM in October 2023.
Interesting Moves outside the ASX
- Security business Certis Australia have appointed Murray King as Chief Corporate Officer and Chief Financial Officer. Prior to Certis, Murray was at Optus for over 17 years, and CFO for over 11 years.
- Kellogg’s have a new CFO. Shubhada Gandhi is moving from Ingham’s Group where she was GM Finance, to Kellogg’s as their new CFO.
- Tracy Bucciarelli has started a new role. Tracy is the new CFO at medical technology business – Endotherapeutics.
- Digital Wellness have promoted Jigar Vikmani into the Finance Director role following Sam Samhan’s resignation. Sam was Chief Financial and Operating Officer. More news on Sam next month.
- After over a decade working in ASX listed organisations, Fiona Lin has her first CFO role with Crypto currency fintech start up – Ebonex.
- Stephen Barry relocates from Queensland to move into the CFO role at leading private hospital operator Healthe Care.
Daniel Berry is back in the CFO “chair” after taking time off parenting. Daniel was previously CFO at Coco Republic and returns to the world of home furnishings by joining MCM House as their new CFO.